Monday, February 13, 2006

I love boobs

I just want to comment briefly on the new ad campaign by Swedish women's clothing store Lindex - We love boobs.

It feels truly relieving, after years of ad bashing by radical feminists and leftists, to see a commercial for women's clothing that manages to be both sensual and life-affirming and that celebrates femininity in a way that both men and women can appreciate. For it is really true, we humans really love boobs.

The female breast is a source of comfort and gratification for infants, toddlers, children, adolescents and adults, men and women alike. It means something unique and special for all of us, and still we all share a common denominator in our feelings - in loving boobs we love life itself, and the women who make it possible, generation after generation.

I can go on ranting and preaching about the beauty of the female body for hours on end, but I'll end with saying that there are few things that I have such a genuinely uncomplicated feeling towards as boobs. I love 'em.